Mountain Center Park City
Financial Reporting Manager
Employment Type: Full time
Reports To: Controller
This position will be responsible for assisting the Controller, CFO, and President with the creation and maintenance of the financial forecasts and operating budgets for all Group Rossignol NA entities and coordination of internal Group reporting related thereto. This position will also support the HR Director with the creation, processing, posting, and reconciliation of the Group’s payrolls. This position will also be responsible for supporting the Controller with multi-state sales tax compliance in a rapidly changing regulatory environment. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that possesses strong oral and written communication skills and is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual will also support accounting operations, external financial reporting, tax, risk management and financial systems.
- Insure timely and accurate preparation of financial budgets and reforecasts.
- Supervise creation of monthly post close budget vs actual analyses.
- Partner with department managers to assist with budget creation and adherence on monthly and annual basis. Aggregate explanation of variances from managers and summarize results for senior management.
- Partner with managers and staff to drive operating performance and act as a champion for cost and productivity improvements.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of Rossignol Group monthly reforecasts.
- Supervise creation of sales statistical analysis for internal and external users.
- Support HR with preparation, booking, and reconciliation of bi-weekly payroll.
- Create monthly budget variance reports for all payroll accounts.
- Create and file all state sales tax returns on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Work with Controller for financial statement as well as sales tax audits.
- Support financial and accounting operations to provide efficient and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Direct involvement with the financial reporting related to the calculation of the borrowing base under the company’s asset based lending agreement.
- Ability to excel in a complex accounting function in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, techniques, and controls at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of state sales tax & payroll law and ability to adapt to changing regulation.
- A strong results-oriented leader who exacts the most from direct as well as indirect reports by setting clear goals, providing feedback, mentoring and coaching.
- Superior communication skills, collaborative with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Highest level of integrity and ethics, both professional and personal.
- Ability to function as a proactive problem-solver.
- Bachelor‘s degree in Finance/Accounting with 3-5 years in senior level finance or accounting position. CPA or MBA preferred.
Department: Customer Relations
Duration: Full Time/Year Round
This positions primary responsibility is to manage the credit portion of the company’s relationship with a select group of accounts and assists Credit Management in the overall affairs of the Credit Department.
- Maintain customer accounts, follow-up on payment and billing discrepancies.
- Maintain customer and invoice files.
- Contact customers for collection of past due balances.
- Handle customer requests and prepare various correspondences for customers.
- Preparation of daily deposits and application of payments to customer accounts.
- Process credit and debit memos
- Contact customers to obtain credit documents such as credit applications, security agreements, financial statements and UCC authorizations.
- Research and verify credit information.
- Recommend credit terms to the Credit Manager for new accounts
- Prepare monthly/year end statistical data and follow procedures guidelines.
- Assist in month end reconciliation processing
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or Bachelor's (B.S.) degree in business, accounting or other appropriate discipline from two-year college or technical school and credit background with minimum two years experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have proven, successful collections experience.
- Related work experience in accounts receivable and/or finance.
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, credit extensions, payment plans, etc.
- Strong customer orientation and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and cultivate relationships with many types of people, both within and outside the company.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while maintaining a positive “can do” attitude and outlook.
- Takes pride in work, gets involved in details , enjoys collaborating with others
Felt Bicycles, Rancho Santa Margarita, California
This position will combine functions that involve both traditional purchasing duties and coordination of product management aspects of the Felt’s parts and accessories program.
- Input, maintain and update item data.
- Work with the purchasing manager to place bicycle and accessory purchase orders with both domestic and overseas vendors.
- Work with various departments in the company to place sample and other purchase orders with both domestic and overseas vendors.
- Follow up with vendors on all purchase orders to confirm quantity, pricing and delivery dates. Update information as required.
- Coordinate shipments from the vendor warehouses to Felt’s warehouse. This also includes making sure that documents are received by vendors in a timely manner and passed to the appropriate departments and brokers to facilitate clearing shipments through Customs.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports to management as required.
- Daily communication with parts makers and Asian trading company.
- Other duties may be added as required.
- Bicycle industry experience.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Excel skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Clear communication skills.
As a relatively young company, the demands of the various departments and the tasks of employees within each department are changing all the time. The outline of duties shown here is a representative list of the general duties the Purchasing/Aftermarket Product Coordinator position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is the goal of both the President and the General Manager of the company, to use the skill set of all of our employees to their fullest potential and to give our employees all the tools necessary to succeed in their job.