Reports To: Warehouse Manager
This position is responsible for the receiving of goods in the warehouse, loading and unloading of trucks, picks, packs, and ships product to customers and moves product within the warehouse as the need arises. Physically move product within the warehouse as the need arises and general warehouse duties including housekeeping.
- Verify quantities actually received against any available paperwork.
- Transfer goods from receiving area to proper warehouse location.
- Prepare proper documentation when required.
- Pick product from inventory, verifying quantities against pick lists.
- Determine how product will be packed according to method of shipment or customer request.
- Verify quantity packed against packing/picking list.
- Process shipment through computerized shipping system, completing proper documentation according to method of shipment.
- Inventory movement/Housekeeping
- Move product within the Warehouse as situations develop, ensuring accuracy of quantities moved.
- Generally keeps the Warehouse a safe, clean and efficient work place.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Experience working in a bar-coded warehouse a plus.
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 60 lb. packages during pick/pack and ship functions.
- General warehouse environment with moderate to loud noise levels and some dust.
- Must be able to work off a ladder or order picker with the height not being a problem.
- Must have basic computer skills, ability to read, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to communicate effectively on a one-on-one or group basis. Forklift certification a plus.
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail. Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly - changing environment.